- Tue 2 – Thu 4 FebThe Emporium Melbourne is pleased to offer shoppers, visitors and tourists with an exclusive opportunity to visit the “Gods of Prosperity” in centre!Emporium Melbourne
- During February 2016A century ago, Chinese migrants constituted 20 to 30 percent of the population of north Queensland’s major towns……Chinese Museum
- Fri 5 FebThe 2-week program of events will be unveiled and celebrations will commence on the weekend, right here, right in the heart of Melbourne ChinatownThroughout Chinatown.
- Sat 6 – Sun 14 FebBy day, roving musicians, artists and performers take to the streets of Chinatown.Throughout Chinatown.
- Sat 6th – Sun 14th FebTry guessing how many bananas and fortune cookies there are in the towers located in the shopping arcades in Chinatown!Telstra cnr Bourke & Swanston St., Target Centre, 222 Bourke St. and 206 Bourke Street Shopping Centre
- Sun 7th FebVisit the Chinese Museum, see the Chinese Dragons and make a Dragon scale for the Children’s Dragon Mural.Chinese Museum
12.00 noon to 4.00pm
Free with family admission, Free for RACV members
- Sun 7th FebLearn martial arts, lion dance, and Chinese traditional dance. From 6-12 years.Uniting Church, Lonsdale St.
1.00pm to 3.00pm
$10.00 per child
- Sun 7th FebA children’s participatory program of Chinese legends through dance and song.Cohen Place
5.00pm to 6.00pm
- Sun 7th FebMany Chinese food dishes have special meaning for Chinese New Year…Cohen Place
12.00 noon to 12.00 midnight
Purchase from food stalls
- Sun 7th FebBuy a Lantern, make a New Year wish and hang it in Chinatown’s Wishing Tree.Cohen Place
- Sun 7th FebThe Chinatown Square is illuminated setting the scene for Year of the Monkey celebrations.The Chinatown Square
Late Till Midnight
- Sun 7th FebCelebrate Chinese New Year’s Eve with a special outdoor dining experience in the ambience of Chinatown.Cnr Exhibition and Lt Bourke St.
6.00pm to 11.00pm
A la Carte Menu
- Sun 7th FebA bean bag theatre springs to life in Chinatown Square with Asian short films screening from dusk to CHINATOWN COUNTDOWN.Cohen Place
8.30pm to 11.00pm
- Sun 7th FebThe traditional lion dancers bring in the Lunar New Year – Year of the Monkey.Cohen Place
11.30pm and 12.00 midnight
- Mon 8th FebMasterChef Contestants will visit Chinatown Square on Monday 8 Feb 2016 to tackle a challenge celebrating Chinese New Year.Cohen Place
7.30pm and 10.00pm
To be advised on the evening of event
- Thu 11th FebThis community celebrates Chinese New Year in 2016 and their continuous community bond of over 160 years.Secret Kitchen Restaurant, 222 Exhibition St.
A ticketed event for the Chinatown Community
- From Fri 12th Feb 2016 OngoingThe Precinct’s evening ambience will be enhanced with lighting of a number of Chinatown’s historic buildings arranged through the City of Melbourne’s design department.Throughout Chinatown
- Sun 14th FebThe Official Opening of Chinatown Chinese New Year Festival takes place on stage followed by a cultural performance program into the evening.Cnr. Russell and Lt Bourke Sts.
11.00am and 10.00pm
- Sun 14th FebMelbourne’s Dai Loong emerges from the Chinese Museum with onlookers in awe truly heralding the commencement of the Spring Festival.Throughout Chinatown
11.30am and 1.00pm
- Sun 14th FebVisit the temple established by Fo Guang Shan to give your blessings to Buddha on your visit to the Festival in Chinatown.Chinatown Car Park, Lt Bourke St.
11.00am and 4.00pm
Sun 14th FebThe streets are awash with a cacophony of rhythmic drumming as Chinese Lions bring in the New Year by blessing the businesses of Chinatown.Throughout Chinatown
11.00am and 6.00pm
Sun 14th FebQuality hawker stalls and produce stores will span Russell Street, offering traditional Chinese New Year treats and other treats.Russell St.
11.00am to 9.00pm
Sun 14th FebValentines day coincides with Chinese New Year Celebrations on
this day.Russell St.
11.00am and 8.00pm
Sun 14th FebFree entry when you visit the Chinese Museum on Sunday 14 February. See 5 floors of Chinese Australian history from early Gold Rush Australia to the present day.Chinese Museum, 22 Cohen Pl, VIC 3000
1.00pm and 5.00pm
Sun 14th FebVisit the Chinese Museum, see the Chinese Dragons and make a scale for the Children’s Dragon Mural. (Parent supervision required).Chinese Museum, Cohen Pl. Melbourne
2.00pm to 4.00pm
$5.00 per Child
Sun 14th FebFeng shui, calligraphy mah jong, cooking demonstrations and craft workshops provide insights into Chinese customs and pastimes.Russell St. Melbourne
11.00am and 5.00pm
Sun 14th FebPop Asia DJ and dancers take to the stage early evening followed by Chinese dancers and singers on stage celebrating into the night.Main Stage Cnr. Russell and Lonsdale St.
6.00pm and 9.00pm